- The 3rd C.V. ALKAN - P.J.G. ZIMMERMAN INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITON will be held in Athens, 19-23 April 2016. The final round will take place on Saturday 23rd of April (the hall and exact time will be announced). The preliminary rounds will be held at the concert hall of the Athens Conservatory (Odeion Athinon, Rigilis Str. and Vasileos Georgiou II 17-19).
- Any pianist born after the 1st of January 1985, may apply to the Competition.
- The sequence in which the pieces shall be played is up to every candidate.
- All works performed during the Competition must be played from memory.
- Candidates must provide the jury with the scores of their program, in the edition they are going to use.
- Compositions with multiple movements must be played integrally, with the exception of those compositions that are normally only partially executed in concerts (e.g. Brahms-Paganini: first or second book etc.)
- The jury may interrupt the competitor during the first two rounds if they believe that it is necessary. The jury has the right, during all rounds, to ask the competitor not to execute one or more works.
- A draw for date and order of performance will be carried out at the concert hall of the Athens Conservatory (Odeion Athinon, Rigilis Str. and Vasileos Georgiou II 17-19). The participants or their representatives should be present during the draw. The exact date and time of the draw will be announced soon.
- Application Forms must be mailed the latest till Monday the 28th of March 2016, to the ALKAN-ZIMMERMAN INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION, attention of Mrs Eleni- Letti Pappa, Despere 3, 54621, Thessaloniki.
- An entry fee of seventy Euros (70€) is payable to the Gina Bachauer International Music Association
BANK OF PIREUS
Account no. 6551-108694-988
IBAN: GR 4401715510006551108694988
SWIFT / BIC: PIRBGRAA
The payment of bank charges and (if required) commission for conversion into Euros is the responsibility of the applicant.
*The entry fee is not refundable.
- Applicants must send a certified copy of a birth certificate or other legal document stating their age and nationality. A curriculum vitae and recent photograph should also be sent with the application.
- All rounds are open to the public.
- The recording and filming rights of all the rounds belong to the competition organizers.
- It is prohibited to record or film during the competition.
- The organizers reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the schedule and the program.
- All decisions of the Jury are final and are not subject to question.